This is one of the nine enclosed convents that still remain in Alcalá de Henares. It was founded un 1618 by Cardinal Bernardo de Sandoval for the nuns of the Cistercian Order.
The main façade, with its austere brick look, only open with its three stone fronts. The interior shows and elliptic ground floor covered by a great oval dome. Six chapels are arranged around the nave. Instead of the more typical altarpiece, the church has a rather curious "four face canopy", which allows the celebration of four simultaneous masses.